Baptie Website Terms & Conditions and Event Terms
Terms & Conditions – Club50
This page contains Terms and Conditions for the use of the Club50 website, owned by Baptie & Co Inc. (We, us, our, etc.). You MUST be at least eighteen years old to use this website and MUST agree to these terms to access the website. These terms apply not only to your use of this website, but also to any transactions you have with us unless a separately signed document governs such a transaction.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, the materials on this website are directed solely at senior business professionals.
- This website is for informational purposes only. We make no warranty as to the accuracy of any information on this website. We provide these materials “AS IS,” without representation or warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, any express or implied warranty of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any purpose. You may use these materials at your own risk and by doing so you release the authors, their organizations, and us from any liability that may arise in connection with such use. The information contained in any such materials is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional advice.
- Material appearing on this website will include promotion of site sponsors and other material submitted by third parties. This website also provides links to other websites operated by sponsors and third parties. It is the responsibility of these third parties to ensure that such material and such websites comply with all relevant laws and regulations. To the fullest extent permissible by law, you release us (including our employees, owners, directors, officers, agents, etc.) and agree to hold us harmless from any responsibility for any error, omission, or inaccuracy in such material or any third party’s failure to comply with relevant laws or regulations, and for any claim you may have against any such third party by virtue of any transaction you enter into with any such third party.
- By registering for a roadshow, conference, webinar or event, you agree to be enrolled in the free on-line community. This means we may share your identity and contact information with sponsors. You can opt to disenroll at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exclusions of liability set forth in these Terms and Conditions apply to any claimed damages or injuries of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to, those arising from death or personal injury, professional damage, defamation of character or business and loss of business or service caused, regardless of the theory of legal recovery asserted, including negligence claims. In no event shall we be liable for lost profits, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
- We own the copyright and database rights in the site, except where specifically stated otherwise, including content data, design, graphics, text, images, software and underlying source codes. We own all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and devices appearing on the site, whether registered or unregistered, except where specifically stated otherwise. You may not use them without our written permission.
- The confidentiality of your information is important to us. Information submitted to us over this website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. We ask that you not send confidential details such as credit card information to us by email, unless specifically requested by us in writing.
- We use “cookies,” which are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard-drive that enable our system to recognize you when you visit the site. This enables us to track basic visitor information so we can better tailor the site to our visitors’ needs. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function by changing your browser settings if you wish.
- We may share overall visitor trends and other generic information collected on this website with third parties. We may also share information as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- Members of discussion groups must not:
- Post libelous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive, defamatory comments or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual or company anywhere in the site, including, but not exclusively, within forum posts or the PM (Private Message) system. We reserve the right to read the relevant PM or PMs when we receive a complaint that a forum user has received a PM or PMs in violation of any rule.
- Post swear words in such a way as to circumvent the group’s built-in swear word removal system (including in signatures).
- Post any images or text that are deemed by the Webmaster or Moderators in their sole discretion as inappropriate for viewing by other members.
- Promote websites which contain inappropriate material or which are in competition with us, in our sole discretion.
- Use the discussion groups via posts or PMs or in your profile to invite people to competing forums or websites. We reserve the right to check PMs should we believe this is happening.
- Post any spam or Spam related links. People posting spam will be instantly and permanently banned and their posts will be deleted.
- Solicit business unless they are allowed in specific areas (namely Suppliers Marketplace), and then the posts must conform to discussion group rules. Companies are invited (even encouraged) to post information about products on the site provided it is factual, is generally for the benefit of forum members, and doesn’t violate any rule.
- Create their new threads in more than one discussion group. (Doing so is called cross-posting). You should pick the single most appropriate group for your message. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
- Use images or copyrighted materials from third parties’ websites without their permission. Linking to an image or other copyrighted material on someone else’s website without their permission is bandwidth theft and may also be copyright infringement.
- Register more than once. Doing so will get one or both registrations and all the posts deleted.
- Question the judgments or actions of Discussion Group moderators, or post negative comments about them or their decisions. They are far too busy to enter discussions or arguments.
- Have an inappropriate login name. We do not permit a login name that breaks any of our rules or includes a business name. The only exception to this rule is if the member’s business is one of our sponsors, in which case they can include their business name in their login name. We have sole discretion to determine whether we think a login name is inappropriate.
- We encourage representatives of Companies to declare who they work for in their user profile. This enables readers of their posts to judge the contents accordingly. However, we prefer members not to include their employer’s information in their signature as this constitutes advertising. The only exception to this rule is if the member’s business is one of our sponsors, in which case they can include their business details (with hyperlink) in their signature.
- We find that most site members have no problem with these rules. However, if they are broken, then moderators will take appropriate and immediate action to ensure the forums remain a pleasant place to visit. 13. If any Discussion Group member feels the moderators have abused their position, they should contact the Webmaster (by private message or email) with the full details of the complaint. Contact details are on the ‘Contact Us’ page. While we are processing the complaint the thread, topic, document or post will be removed and held in a suspense account pending the outcome.
- The documents within this site have been collected from a number of sources. This information has been provided free of charge by the authors and their organizations for publication on the site. The individuals and organizations providing this material have agreed to permit distribution to our members. This information is licensed for use by community members and may not be otherwise reproduced, resold, or distributed without our prior written consent. Except as otherwise indicated on the materials themselves, we own the copyright on all materials and we reserve all rights. We are not responsible for the content of any such documents and make no representations or warranties concerning them.
- By downloading any document or accessing selected sponsor areas in the community, you agree that we may provide information pertaining to your download or access choices, including your identity and contact information, to the original document author or sponsor who may, in the future, contact you with further information and offers.
- This site may contain links to and from other Internet sites. These sites are independent of us and we have no control over, or responsibility for, the content, functioning, operation, policies, or availability of such sites. We do not warrant viruses or other harmful components.
- Venue for Legal Action / Waiver of Jury / Attorney’s Fees. In any legal action in any way arising out of your use of this site, your participation in our programs, or any subsequent transaction or relationship with us, you agree that the exclusive venue shall be in the County or District Court of Boulder County, Colorado, or, if federal jurisdiction is mandatory, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado in Denver. You waive trial by jury in action arising out of your use of this site. In any such action, the court shall order the losing party to pay the prevailing party’s attorney’s fees, expenses, and court costs.
- Transaction of Business. You agree that our maintenance of this site does not constitute the transaction of business in any state other than Colorado.
- Governing Law. Colorado law governs these Terms and Conditions of Use and any issues arising out of them and/or your use of this site.
- Severability. If any clause or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid in whole or in part, then the remaining clauses and provisions, or portions thereof, shall be and remain in full force and effect. Further, the court shall modify the invalid provision for our benefit to the maximum extent the law allows.
- Waiver. Our failure to insist upon strict compliance with any of the terms and conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of such terms and conditions, nor shall any waiver or relinquishment of any right or power hereunder at any one or more times be deemed a waiver or relinquishment of such right or power at any other time or times. No waiver shall be valid unless in writing and signed by one of our authorized officers.
- Issues with this Website. If you experience any problems or difficulties with this website, please notify us right away by email to email@example.com.
- Access to Personal Data. You have a right to see what personal data we have collected pertaining to you, who we have shared it with, and to ask us to delete it. If you wish to do either of these things, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms apply to all our events. These Terms are in addition to the Terms and Conditions above, which remain applicable to those who participate in our events.
- We reserve the exclusive right to restrict access by any delegate, with full refund.
- All delegates must be at least 21 years of age.
- By registering for the event, you agree to abide by all applicable rules and regulations.
- The views and opinions expressed at the event do not necessarily reflect those of Baptie & Company, Inc.
- Only one delegate per registration is permitted; a registration cannot be shared.
- Registrations may be transferred at any time up to the start of the event with notice to the Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
- A 50% refund will be processed if registration is canceled in writing to the Event Coordinator 45+ days prior to the event.
- Registrations canceled after 45 days prior will not be refunded and, if a balance is due, will be invoiced at the full registration amount.
- Canceled registrations may be re-activated at no additional cost through the close of the event by contacting the Event Coordinator.
- “No Shows” are nonrefundable.
3. Use of Data and Personal Information
- By registering for this event, you agree to be included (name, title and affiliation) in the shared delegate list.
- By registering for this event, you agree to be included (name, title, affiliation, email address, address, and telephone number) in the delegate list shared with the event sponsors.
- You can opt-out of the list provided to sponsors by emailing the Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers supporting the event.
- We may collect the information you provide for internal use in furtherance of your participation in the event.
- We impose certain restrictions on the use of media at its events (including but not limited to photography, video, audio, streaming) to comply with data privacy laws and protect certain intellectual property.
- You agree that we may use any media we capture at the event for marketing and promotional activities, including posting real-time content to its social media feeds and displaying samples from those feeds throughout the event venue, and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business. We disclaim all liability resulting from the use of your image in any media format by other delegates at the event.
4. Event Wireless Service
- If applicable and stated in writing in advance, we provide complimentary wireless service at our events to enable Internet access during the event. By using the service, you understand that you are accessing an unencrypted, open wireless network. You are solely responsible for the privacy and integrity of any transmissions you make or receive, as well as the safety and security of any systems you attach to the network. You take full responsibility for any necessary precautions to protect transmitted data, including encryption, antivirus screening and backup. You agree that we may monitor, audit, intercept and disclose communications over our networks for security, performance and other purposes, and may remove an attached system at any time for any reason. You release us from liability of any kind for claimed damages resulting from your use of any wireless service we provide.
5.Event Content Usage
- At the event, you may receive access to content licensed by us and third parties. You may use this content solely for your own internal, non-commercial purposes. Unauthorized distribution, such as through sales, copying, or posting online is expressly prohibited.
- Permission to use excerpts or quotes from our material may be sought by emailing email@example.com. If we grant permission, it will be in writing or by email.
- Delegates are welcome to document their event experiences in unrestricted areas (excluding the specific activities outlined in the previous bullet point) and share it via their own social media content, provided it does not violate any local privacy laws, defame other event participants or infringe on any copyrighted materials.